Phase 3 is the final phase of Portobello Square – the regeneration of the Wornington Green estate by Catalyst. The outline masterplan for the estate received planning permission in 2010.
- Up to 1000 new homes for social rent, shared ownership and private sale.
- No loss of social housing.
- New commercial spaces.
- Improved public realm.
- Providing an improved council owned community centre building, to replace the current building.
- Re-providing and improving the council-owned park, Athlone Gardens.
Work on Phase 1 is now complete and Phase 2 – which received planning permission in 2014 – is ongoing.
Combined, they will deliver 643 new homes – with over half for social rent – as well as new commercial space.
Phase 3 – Overview
The proposals for Phase 3 will deliver:
- Up to 374 new homes, including up to 213 for affordable rent, 7 for shared ownership and 151 for private sale. This is 17 more than in the outline planning permission from 2010
- The re-provided Community Centre and playground
- New commercial space
- New public open spaces and landscaping, including a new public square at the junction of Portobello Road and Ladbroke Grove